- TAX INFO
- OFFICE LOCATOR
- TAX RESOURCES
- What is the difference between 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ?
- What is a 1099 form?
- Federal income tax brackets
- The ultimate state and federal tax submission faq
- What Are the Top 10 Tax Questions in the US?
- Am I Eligible for the Child Tax Credit?
- Glossary of frequently used tax terms from eSmart Tax
- What is State tax filing and why is it necessary?
- Freelancer Guide to Self-Employment Taxes Infographic
- Filing Taxes Late
Massachusetts Schedule DI - Dependent Information Instructions
Note: Schedule lines without specific instructions are considered to be self-explanatory. Be sure to list on each schedule the name and Social Security number that appears first on Form 1. Do not cut or separate schedules.
Schedule DI Instructions
Be sure to enclose with Form 1. You must complete this schedule if you are claiming a dependent exemption(s) on Form 1, line 2b or taking a deduction/credit(s) on Form 1, lines 12, 13 or 40 (if applicable). Failure to provide this information will delay the processing of your return. You must complete the information for each dependent.
In the spaces provided, enter the name, Social Security number, date of birth and the relationship of the dependent to you (son, daughter, mother, father, etc.). Also, if the dependent is a qualifying child for the Earned Income credit, fill in the “Yes” oval. If you are claiming more than 10 dependents, attach a statement listing the name, Social Security number, date of birth and the relationship of the dependent to you and if the dependent is a qualifying child for the Earned Income credit.
Massachusetts Tax Help Links
- » Massachusetts Form 1
- » Massachusetts Form M-2210
- » Massachusetts Form M-8453
- » Massachusetts Form PV
- » Massachusetts Schedule B
- » Massachusetts Schedule C
- » Massachusetts Schedule CB
- » Massachusetts Schedule D
- » Massachusetts Schedule DI
- » Massachusetts Schedule E
- » Massachusetts Schedule EC
- » Massachusetts Schedule X/Y
- » Massachusetts Schedule Z
- » Additional Massachusetts forms
- » Additional Massachusetts State Income Tax Return Form, e-File, and Government Information
- » Access tax help for additional states