- TAX INFO
- OFFICE LOCATOR
- TAX RESOURCES
- What is the difference between 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ?
- What is a 1099 form?
- Federal income tax brackets
- The ultimate state and federal tax submission faq
- What Are the Top 10 Tax Questions in the US?
- Am I Eligible for the Child Tax Credit?
- Glossary of frequently used tax terms from eSmart Tax
- What is State tax filing and why is it necessary?
- Freelancer Guide to Self-Employment Taxes Infographic
- Filing Taxes Late
Missouri Tax Form MO-CRP - Certification of Rent Paid for 2009 Instructions
Information to Complete Form MO-CRP
STEP 1: Enter all information requested on Lines 1-5. If rent is paid to a relative, the relationship to the landlord must be indicated on Line 1. Your claim may be delayed if you fail to enter all required information.
STEP 2: Enter on Line 6 the gross rent paid. Exclude rent paid for any portion of your home used in the production of income, and the rent paid for surrounding land with attachments not necessary nor maintained for homestead purposes. Also, exclude any rent paid to your landlord on your behalf by any organization.
STEP 3: If you were a resident of a nursing home or boarding home during 2009, use the applicable percentage in Line 7. If you live in a hotel and meals are included in your rent payment, enter 50 percent; otherwise enter 100 percent. If two or more unmarried individuals over 18 years of age share a residence and each pay part of the rent, enter the total rent on Form MO-CRP, Line 6 and mark the appropriate percentage on box G of Line 7. If the rent receipt is for the total rent amount, then the percentage on box G of the Form MO-CRP must be used to determine your credit.
Additional persons sharing rent/ percentage to be entered: (1 person- 50%, 2 people-33%, 3 people - 25%). If none of the reductions apply to you, enter 100 percent on Line 7.
STEP 4: Multiply Line 6 by the percentage on Line 7. Enter this amount on Form MO-CRP, Line 8.
STEP 5: Multiply Line 8 by 20% and enter the result on Line 9. Add the totals from Line 9 on all completed Form MO-CRP(s) and enter the amount on Line 12 of MO-PTS.
Missouri Tax Help Links
- » Missouri Form MO-1040
- » Missouri Form MO-1040ES
- » Missouri Form MO-1040V
- » Missouri Form MO-A
- » Missouri Form MO-CR
- » Missouri Form MO-CRP
- » Missouri Form MO-FPT
- » Missouri Form MO-PTS
- » Missouri Form MO-TC
- » Missouri Form MO-8453
- » Additional Missouri forms
- » Additional Missouri State Income Tax Return Form, e-File, and Government Information
- » Access tax help for additional states