- TAX INFO
- OFFICE LOCATOR
- TAX RESOURCES
- What is the difference between 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ?
- What is a 1099 form?
- Federal income tax brackets
- The ultimate state and federal tax submission faq
- What Are the Top 10 Tax Questions in the US?
- Am I Eligible for the Child Tax Credit?
- Glossary of frequently used tax terms from eSmart Tax
- What is State tax filing and why is it necessary?
Minnesota Form M60 - Income Tax Return Payment Instructions
IMPORTANT: Type in the required information while this form is on the screen and print a copy. A personalized scan line will be printed on the voucher using the information you entered. To help ensure your payment is properly credited to your account, verify that the tax-year end date and your Social Security number are included in the scan line.
When you print this voucher, be sure to set the Page Scaling to “None” in your Print options. DO NOT check the “Autorotate and center pages” or “Shrink to fit” boxes. If they are already checked, click on the box to uncheck them.
Pay electronically (free)
- Go to http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/Pages/default.aspx and click on “Make a payment” from the e-Services menu, or
- Call 1-800-570-3329 to pay by phone.
Follow the prompts for individuals to make a “return” payment. When paying electronically, you must use an account not associated with any foreign banks.
Pay by credit card (fees apply)
Go to www.officialpayments.com or call 1-800-272-9829. When asked, enter 3300 for the jurisdiction number.
Your payment will be effective on the date you made the request.
Pay by check
Complete the voucher below. All information is required. To ensure your payment is properly credited to your account, make sure your Social Security number (and your spouse’s Social Security number, if filing joint) is correct. If married and filing separately, each spouse must complete his or her own payment voucher.
Mail the completed voucher and your check to the address shown on the voucher. If you are filing a paper Form M1, send the voucher and your check separately from your return to ensure your payment is properly credited to your account.
Your check authorizes us to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account. You will not receive your cancelled check.
Penalties and interest
Note: Your tax is due April 18, 2011. If you are paying your tax after April 18, you must include appropriate penalties and interest. Read “Penalties and interest” on page 6 of the M1 instructions and complete the worksheet below.
|1 Tax not paid by April 18, 2011||________|
|2 Late payment penalty* Multiply step 1 by 4% (.04)||________|
|3 Late filing penalty. If you are filing your return after October 15, 2011, multiply step 1 by 5% (.05)||________|
|4 Extended delinquency. If your tax is not paid within 180 days after filing your return, multiply step 1 by 5% (.05)||________|
|5 Add steps 1 through 4||________|
|6 Number of days the tax is late**||________|
|7 Enter the applicable interest rate. For 2011, the rate is 3% (.03)||________|
|8 Multiply step 6 by step 7||________|
|9 Divide step 8 by 365 (carry to five decimal places)||________|
|10 Interest. Multiply step 5 by step 9||________|
|11 Total payment amount. Add step 5 and step 10||________|
* If you are filing your return after April 18, 2011, and paid at least 90 percent of your total tax by the original due date, you will not be charged a late payment penalty if you file your return and pay any remaining tax by October 15, 2011.
** If the days fall in more than one calendar year, determine steps 6 through 10 separately for each year.
The amount on step 11 is your total tax, penalty and interest due. If you file a paper Form M1, include with your return the above worksheet or a separate statement showing how you computed penalty and interest.
Do not include the penalty and interest amounts on your Form M1.
Minnesota Tax Help Links
- » Minnesota Form M1
- » Minnesota Form M14
- » Minnesota Form M23
- » Minnesota Form M60
- » Minnesota Schedule M15
- » Minnesota Schedule M1CD
- » Minnesota Schedule M1CR
- » Minnesota Schedule M1ED
- » Minnesota Schedule M1LTI
- » Minnesota Schedule M1M
- » Minnesota Schedule M1MT
- » Minnesota Schedule M1R
- » Minnesota Schedule M1W
- » Minnesota Schedule M1WFC
- » Additional Minnesota forms
- » Additional Minnesota State Income Tax Return Form, e-File, and Government Information
- » Access tax help for additional states