- TAX INFO
- OFFICE LOCATOR
- TAX RESOURCES
- What is the difference between 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ?
- What is a 1099 form?
- Federal income tax brackets
- The ultimate state and federal tax submission faq
- What Are the Top 10 Tax Questions in the US?
- Am I Eligible for the Child Tax Credit?
- Glossary of frequently used tax terms from eSmart Tax
- What is State tax filing and why is it necessary?
- Freelancer Guide to Self-Employment Taxes Infographic
- Filing Taxes Late
Changes to Extension Filing This Year
eSmart Tax Extensions
We apologize, but extension filing for your 2013 federal tax return is not available in eSmart Tax this year. The deadline to file your federal income taxes is April 15, 2014.
Please print and mail your return using the instructions below:
- Download a copy of the Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
If you are looking to file your extension, please visit a Liberty Tax Service office near you.
eSmart Tax is here to answer all of your questions. There are many ways to contact support:
- Start a FREE live chat session before signing in.
- Send an e-mail directly to email@example.com.
- Connect with us through our social networks.
Frequently Asked Questions About Extensions
What is an extension?
If you are unable to file your taxes by April 15, 2014, filing an extension may be the right solution for you. Filing an extension will move the deadline six months so that you can file your taxes on or before October 15, 2014.
If I file an extension, when do I pay the taxes that I owe?
An extension only moves the deadline for your federal tax forms to be filed, not your federal income tax payment due date. You must still pay any tax liability owed by April 15, 2014.
Why doesn’t eSmart Tax offer extensions this year?
Our focus this year is to continue offering a high-quality, easy-to-use system so that you can file your taxes fast and finish far before the deadline. We understand that other circumstances may prevent you from filing before April 15. The professionals in our Liberty Tax Service offices are more than happy to help you file your extension. Please visit an office near you for assistance.