- TAX INFO
- OFFICE LOCATOR
- TAX RESOURCES
- What is the difference between 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ?
- What is a 1099 form?
- Federal income tax brackets
- The ultimate state and federal tax submission faq
- What Are the Top 10 Tax Questions in the US?
- Am I Eligible for the Child Tax Credit?
- Glossary of frequently used tax terms from eSmart Tax
- What is State tax filing and why is it necessary?
- Freelancer Guide to Self-Employment Taxes Infographic
- Filing Taxes Late
FAQs about Printing Your Income Tax Return
Print your tax documents or save copies to your computer.
- When can I print copies of my returns?
- Where do I go to print copies of my returns?
- How do I find my tax return from last year? Can I print my tax returns from previous years?
- Can I print and mail my tax return?
- Can I print payment vouchers if I owe taxes and if I don't want it deducted from my bank account?
- I'm having trouble printing. What should I do?
When can I print copies of my returns? (back to top)
As soon as you complete the checkout process and submit your return, you will be able to print copies of your returns. At the beginning of the tax season, some federal or state tax forms may not be available to print, even though the data has already been efiled. We strongly suggest that you come back later to print those from your account.
Where do I go to print copies of my returns? (back to top)
If you have successfully finished your return and completed the checkout process, you can simply sign in to your eSmart Tax account. From the “My Account” page, you can choose the option to print your return or save a copy.
How do I find my tax return from last year? Can I print my tax returns from previous years? (back to top)
How do I find my tax return from last year? Can I print my tax returns from previous years?
Your return is now available in your eSmart Tax account.
- Sign in to your eSmart Tax account.
- Under the Returns tab, click Prior Year.
- Click Download Prior Year PDF button.
You will need a PDF Reader installed on your computer in order to open a copy of your tax return.
For a copy of a tax return from another year, please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).
Can I print and mail my tax return? (back to top)
You have the option of printing and mailing in your returns. After you have successfully finished your return and completed the checkout process, you can select the “Save and Print” option. Once you have ensured that the information is accurate, feel free to print and mail the document in to the IRS.
Can I print payment vouchers if I owe taxes and if I don't want it deducted from my bank account? (back to top)
Yes, if you choose to pay your taxes by check you can mail your payment to the IRS and state taxing authority. The filing instructions in your return will give you additional information.
I'm having trouble printing. What should I do? (back to top)
- There could be a few reasons why you can't print. First, please check to make sure that your PDF software is functioning properly.
- If the tax return is shown on the screen but it won't print, you may have a printer problem. You may want to switch to a different printer or computer, or try reinstalling the drivers or software for your printer. If you are still having trouble, try printing your return at a local library or another place with public computer access.
- If you can't print but still want to save your return, you can click the “Save” option in your PDF reader.
- If you're still having trouble printing, please sign in to your account or contact Customer Support for assistance.