- TAX INFO
- OFFICE LOCATOR
- TAX RESOURCES
- What is the difference between 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ?
- What is a 1099 form?
- Federal income tax brackets
- The ultimate state and federal tax submission faq
- What Are the Top 10 Tax Questions in the US?
- Am I Eligible for the Child Tax Credit?
- Glossary of frequently used tax terms from eSmart Tax
- What is State tax filing and why is it necessary?
- Freelancer Guide to Self-Employment Taxes Infographic
- Filing Taxes Late
Instructions for Filing A Full-Year Resident State Return By Itself
Please note: You must file a federal tax return to file a state return.
Looking to file just a full-year resident state return? If you have already submitted your federal return for filing using eSmart Tax, you can prepare and file a full-year resident state return.
- Sign in to your eSmart Tax account.
- If you used eSmart Tax to file your federal tax return for this year, you will be automatically taken to the My Account page.
- On the My Account Page, choose the “Add State” button.
- Use our guided questions process to fill out our state tax forms and file your return.
Have any questions about this process? Contact Customer Support for assistance.