Think about all the places that you worked for in 2012.  Did you receive a W-2 from each one of those places?  Make sure you have all of your W-2s and that you transferred all of the information—including the personal information, employer ID, and numerical information on each W-2 correctly.

If your information on your W-2 is wrong, you must ask your employer to correct any wrong information on your Form W-2.  Examples of wrong information would be an incorrect Social Security Number, incorrect name, or incorrect wages. The IRS Instructions for Form W-2 state the following about W-2 corrections: 

If your name, SSN, or address is incorrect, correct Copies B, C, and 2 and ask your employer to correct your employment record. Be sure to ask the employer to file Form W-2c, Corrected Wage and Tax Statement, with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to correct any name, SSN, or money amount error reported to the SSA on Form W-2. If your name and SSN are correct but are not the same as shown on your social security card, you should ask for a new card at any SSA office.