NOTICE AT COLLECTION
- “Identifiers” such as name, alias, address, unique identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account number, Social Security Number, or government identification number;
- “Other Personal Information” as a defined term will overlap with other categories and includes information such as name, signature, Social Security Number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, or medical information;
- “Protected Characteristics” under California or federal law for classifications such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or veteran or military status;
- “Commercial Information” such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- “Internet or Network Activity” such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
- “Biometric Information” such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, or gait;
- “Geolocation Data” such as physical location or movements;
- “Sensory Data” such as audio, electronic, or visual information;
- “Professional or Employment Related Information” such as current or past job history or performance evaluations; and
- “Inferences” drawn from other Personal Information such as profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The following categories of Sensitive Personal Information we may collect:
- Personal Information that reveals:
- A California resident's Social Security, driver's license, state identification card, or passport number;
- A California resident's account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number;
- A California resident's precise geolocation;
- A California resident's racial or ethnic origin;
- The contents of a California resident's mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication;
How We Use Your Personal Information:
We collect, use and disclose for our business purposes Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, relating to California residents to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, including tax preparation and to accomplish our business or commercial purposes, including the following:
Performing the tax services requested by you, maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services or by us or our service providers. This includes:
- to fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you; and
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
How we Use Your Sensitive Personal Information:
We only use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for the following purposes consistent with CCPA Regulations:
- To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average California resident who requests those goods or services.
- To detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted Personal Information, provided that the use of a California resident's Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose..
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the business and to prosecute those responsible for those actions, provided that the use of a California resident's Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons, provided that the use of a California resident's Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for this purpose.
- For short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of a California resident's current interaction with us.
- To perform services such as tax preparation, maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying a California resident's information, processing payments.
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
The length of time that we intend to retain each category of Personal Information will depend on a number of criteria, including (i) the length of time we are required to retain Personal Information in order to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, (ii) the length of time we may need to retain Personal Information in order to accomplish the business or commercial purpose(s) for which such Personal Information is collected, used or disclosed (as indicated in this Notice), and (iii) whether you choose to exercise your right, subject to certain exceptions, to request deletion of your Personal Information.
Questions or Assistances
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access it in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact email@example.com or call 1-800-790-3863.
Personal Information Covered By Sector Specific Laws
Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including IRS Code Section 7216, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), or California Financial Information Privacy Act (“CalFIPA”) is exempt from CCPA. We make some of the following disclosures as a service to our customers and potential customers even though we have no requirement to do so.
Effective: December 28, 2022