Professional Audit Assistance Terms
Professional Audit Assistance Terms and Conditions
The eSmart Tax Professional Audit Assistance is available only to Eligible Users, as defined below, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Professional Audit Assistance is available to eSmart Tax users in the following instances:
- Federal Tax Return. Any user who uses the software found at eSmartTax.com to submit their 2013 Individual Federal Income Tax Return is eligible to receive assistance in the event of an audit. The return must be filed through eSmartTax.com (via efile or print & mail), accepted by the Internal Revenue Service and the user must have used the eSmart Tax software in accordance with the terms, conditions and license agreement.
- State Tax Return. Any user who uses the software found at eSmartTax.com to submit their 2013 Individual State Income Tax Return is eligible to receive assistance in the event of an audit. The return must be filed through eSmartTax.com (via efile or print & mail), accepted by the State in which the return was filed and the user must have used the eSmart Tax software in accordance with the terms, conditions and license agreement.
All eligible users, as determined above, are entitled to the following support under the Professional Audit Assistance Program:
- eSmart Tax Will:
- Explain to you what you can expect during the audit of your 2013 individual tax return.
- Review and discuss with you the notice from the IRS or State regarding your 2013 tax return.
- Not provide legal assistance or legal representation.
- Not pay or reimburse you for penalties or interest imposed by Federal or State Tax Agencies.
In order to receive Professional Audit Assistance from eSmart Tax, you must do the following:
- If you receive any notice from the IRS or your State Taxation Department regarding your eligible 2013 eSmart Tax return, you must notify eSmart Tax within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice by using the Customer Support link found within your eSmartTax.com account.
- You must promptly provide eSmart Tax with copies of all correspondence, notices, copies of the printed tax return at issue, and any other documents related to your return or the notice received.
- Professional Audit Assistance DOES NOT apply to:
- Returns rejected by the IRS or your State's Department of Taxation
- Any return not completed/submitted to the IRS/State using eSmart Tax
- Returns that were prepared or filed in violation of any end user license agreement of eSmart Tax
- Notices that are received from the IRS or state that are received three years or more from the filing deadline for the 2013 return
- The calculation of estimated tax payments or repayment of mistakenly refunded estimated tax payments
- Amended returns
- Any returns relating to previous years
Frequently Asked Questions
- I used eSmart Tax and I just got a letter from the IRS or my State Taxation Department. What should I do?
Log into your account at www.esmarttax.com. Contact customer support with the details of your correspondence. If you meet the eligibility requirements as stated in the Terms and Conditions, a Liberty Tax Service Professional will then contact you.
- Will Liberty Tax Service prepare an amended tax return for me?
Yes, your Liberty Tax Service Professional will help you every step of the way, including preparing an amended return for you, if necessary. Additional fees may apply.
- Who will be responsible for any penalties, interest payments or additional tax as a result of an amended return?
You are responsible for payment of penalties and interest. eSmart Tax may pay penalties and interest under the Accuracy Guarantee if there is an error in the eSmart Tax preparation software which caused a calculation error; subject to terms and conditions. Please contact eSmart Tax's Customer Support for more information.
*Liberty Tax Service Professionals do not provide legal representation. Audit services constitute tax advice only. Consult an attorney for legal advice. Void where prohibited.