Taxes 101

File A State Return Only

Please note: You must begin a federal tax return to file a state return.

  • Looking to file just a full-year resident state return? If you have already submitted your federal return for filing using eSmart Tax, you can prepare and file a full-year resident state return.

    1. Sign in to your eSmart Tax account.
    2. If you used eSmart Tax to file your federal tax return for this year, you will be automatically taken to the My Account page.
    3. On the My Account Page, choose the “Add State” button.
    4. Use our guided questions process to fill out our state tax forms and file your return.

    Have any questions about this process? Contact Customer Support for assistance.