Streamline the Process with our Health Insurance Exemption Guide
We personally understand how your health care decisions can impact your life. We’ve created a free online tool that can help you discover if your reason for not having insurance qualifies you for the health care penalty exemption. It takes minutes to find out if you qualify to have the tax penalty waived.
Fast & Convienent
3 Things To Know About the Affordable Care Act & Your Taxes
- The law requires all Americans and legal residents to have health insurance.
- If you do not have health insurance, you may be able to qualify for an exemption to waive the penalty.
- New tax credits and subsidies provided by the ACA can help to save you money on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
Privately and securely declare your reasons for not having health insurance. If your reason qualifies, you can submit an application for an Exemption Certificate Number (ECN). You will need your ECN to complete your return.
- Visit the free Affordable Care Act Exemption Guide.
- Answer a few easy questions.
- Fill out the form and follow the filing instructions. Your tax exemption certificate number (ECN) may take 2-8 weeks for the Marketplace to process. The Marketplace will provide you with an ECN for you to place on your tax return.