Pineapple Upside Down Cake (adapted from Esther)
1/4 C Coconut Oil (melted)
½ C coconut milk
1 fresh pineapple slice (diced)
1 C Almond Flour
1/4 C Coconut flour
1 tsp Vanilla, Real vanilla from Whole Foods is amazing!
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
¼ c coconut oil
1/8 c maple syrup
2 fresh pineapple slices (one left whole, the other cut to fit edge)
- Prepare topping first: In an 8-inch cake pan, place above amounts of coconut oil and maple syrup. Place in oven preheating at 375 for about 5 minutes, or until melted and bubbly. Place sliced/cut pineapple slices into pan with oil/syrup mixture and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- While pineapple is in the oven, mix together all ingredients for cake.
- Spoon over pineapple mixture in the cake pan.
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Let cake sit for 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven. Then flip onto plate.
Serve warm or cool. Refrigerate leftovers.