Efile Nebraska State Tax Returns
The eSmart Tax online tax return filing solution makes it easy to efile your Nebraska state tax return using the correct state tax forms. Prepare your full-year resident Nebraska state tax return alongside your federal tax return for your convenience.
The regular deadline to file a Nebraska state income tax return is April 15.
Find additional information about Nebraska state tax forms, Nebraska state tax filing instructions, and government information.
|Nebraska Form 1040N
Nebraska Individual Income Tax Return
|Nebraska Form 1040NV
Individual Income Tax Payment Voucher
|Nebraska Form 2441N
Child and Dependent Care Expenses
|Nebraska Form 8453N
Nebraska Individual Income Tax Transmittal for E-Filed Returns
|Nebraska Schedule I
Nebraska Adjustments to Income for Nebraska Residents, Nonresidents, and Partial-Year Residents
|Nebraska Schedule II
Credit for Tax Paid to Another State for Full-Year Residents Onlyn
|Nebraska Schedule III
Computation of Nebraska Tax for Nonresidents and Partial-Year Residents Only
|Taxpayer Assistance:||(800) 742-7474|
|Refund Status (Automated Response):||1-800-742-7474 (toll free in Nebraska and Iowa) or 1-402-471-5729 and select option 1. This phone line may be accessed 7 days a week, 24 hours a day|
|Check Refund Status Online:||http://www.revenue.ne.gov/refund/refunds.html|
|Supported||Same as federal||N/A|
|8453N||Do not mail in 8453N. Keep it for your own record.|
|State-only tax return:||Supported|
|Decedent Return:||Not Supported|
|Return with foreign address:||Supported|
|You have the following options:
|Residency:||Return Type:||Also Attach:||Status:|
- Pay by Direct Debit from bank account. You need to make sure your bank supports direct debit.
- Mail in a check.
You need to attach Payment Voucher (Form 1040N-V)
Mail check to:
NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
P.O. BOX 98903
LINCOLN, NE 68509-8903
- Send e-payment payment through state website.
- Send credit card payment through third-party website.
- If you are unable to pay the full amount of tax due, you should file your Nebraska income tax return and pay as much as you can by the filing date. Penalties and interest will accrue on any unpaid balance until it is fully paid.
If you are in this situation and have questions about paying your taxes by any of the options below, please contact the Nebraska Department of Revenue office nearest you (just click on "Contact Us" for locations and phone numbers); or call Taxpayer Assistance at 1-800-742-7474 (toll free in Nebraska and Iowa), or 1-402-471-5729 and speak with a representative who will explain the payment options available to you. It is your responsibility to contact the department if you can not pay the tax which is due.
You have three options if you can't pay all your tax when you file your tax return:
- You can pay the entire amount over a 90-day period. You do not need to fill out any forms; Just make four equal payments as follows, one payment with your tax return and then make the remaining three payments every 30 days. You will receive an updated balance due statement after each payment indicating the amount remaining to be paid.
- You can also pay your balance due by credit card. These payments are originated through Official Payments Corporation (OPC). Eligible credit cards include VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A convenience fee of 2.49% of the tax payment is charged to the card you use. This fee is paid to OPC and will appear on your credit card statement separately from the tax payment. You will be told what the fee is during the transaction and you have the option of canceling it. You can make your secure credit card payment over the internet at www.officialpayments.com or by telephone at 1-800-272-9829. You will be asked for your jurisdiction code, which is 3700.
- Payments extending over 90 days must be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). To request an installment payment agreement, you must complete Form 27D, Payment and Authorization Agreement. Just click on this form, complete and print it, and mail to the Nebraska Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 94609, Lincoln, NE 68509-4609. The department will respond to you by either accepting or denying this installment payment proposal. These payments will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account as scheduled.