Michigan Form Mi-1040-V Instructions
Mail this form with payments for e-file returns only. Do not file with your paper return.
Mail Form MI-1040-V with your payment after you e-file your MI-1040 return.
Do not use this voucher to make any other payments to the State of Michigan.
Enter on Form MI-1040-V below the tax due as shown on your MI-1040 Individual Income Tax Return, line 32.
Your payment and MI-1040-V are due April 15, 2014. If your payment is late, Treasury will send you a bill for the amount due and add a penalty of 5 percent of the tax due for the first two months, then 5 percent for each month thereafter until full payment is received. Maximum late penalty is 25 percent of the balance of tax due. If you pay late, you must add penalty and interest to the amount due. The annual interest rate is 1 percent above the current prime rate. The rate is adjusted on July 1 and January 1. For current interest rates, visit our Web site at www.michigan.gov/taxes .
If you do not owe any tax on your e-filed MI-1040, do not file this form.
- Make your check payable to the "State of Michigan." Print "2013 MI-1040-V" and your Social Security number on the front of your check. If paying on behalf of another taxpayer, write the taxpayer's name and Social Security number on the check. To ensure accurate processing of your return, send one check for each return filed.
- Detach Form MI-1040-V along the dotted line.
- Do not attach your payment to Form MI-1040-V. Instead, place both items loose in the envelope and mail to:
Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30774
Lansing, MI 48909-8274
- Do not attach a copy of your return to the MI-1040-V. Attaching a copy of your return will delay the application of payment to your account.
- Do not write notes on the MI-1040-V or submit the voucher without payment.
If you have questions, you may call (517) 636-4486. Assistance is available using TTY through the Michigan Relay Service by calling 1-800-649-3777 or 711.
Visit Treasury's Web site at www.michigan.gov/taxes