South Carolina Form Sc1040-V Instructions
SC1040-V must be used to pay the BALANCE DUE for your South Carolina individual income tax return if paying by check or money order.
You may choose to pay your SC1040-V electronically at www.sctax.org . Click on DOR ePay and pay with VISA or MasterCard or by Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW). Do not submit SC1040-V if payment is made by credit card or electronic funds withdrawal (EFW).
NOTE: A taxpayer owing fifteen thousand dollars or more in connection with any return to be filed with the department should pay electronically per SC Code of Laws Section 12-54-250(A)(1).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORM SC1040-V
- Use only black ink on this form and on your check.
- Enter the primary taxpayer's Social Security number.
- Enter the spouse's Social Security number.
- "X" the box for composite filer if this payment will be claimed on a composite return filed for nonresident partnership/shareholders of a partnership/S corporation.
- . Enter the taxpayer's name control (the first 4 letters of the taxpayer's last name). Use all upper case letters. Do not use hyphens or apostrophes.
- Enter the taxpayer's name(s) and address, including apartment number and zip code.
- Enter the payment amount. Do not enter a dollar sign $. If entering a whole dollar amount, you must enter "00" in the cents field. (Example: 154.00)
- If filing a paper return, mail your return and SC1040-V with payment.
- If filing electronically, mail your SC1040-V with payment only. Do not mail a copy of your return.
The total amount of tax due must be paid in full. As an incentive for using an electronic filing method, you will be given until May 1, 2014 to submit the return and full payment of taxes and still avoid interest and penalties. Failure to file and pay the tax due by May 1, 2014 will result in penalties and interest from April 15, 2014 until the return is filed and the tax is paid.
Make check payable to SCDOR and enter the Social Security number(s) and "2013 SC1040-V" in the memo section of the check. Include your SC1040-V and payment in the envelope. Coupon must accompany payment. Do not staple the check to the coupon. Do not fold coupon or check. Only use an original coupon. Do not send a photocopy.
If filing a paper return, mail your return, SC1040-V and payment to:
Taxable Processing Center
PO Box 101105
Columbia, SC 29211-0105
If filing electronically, mail only your SC1040-V and payment to:
SC Department of Revenue
Individual Income Tax Payment
Columbia, SC 29214-0020
Social Security Privacy Act Disclosure. It is mandatory that you provide your social security number on this tax form. 42 U.S.C 405(c)(2)(C)(i) permits a state to use an individual's social security number as means of identification in administration of any tax. SC Regulation 117-201 mandates that any person required to make a return to the SC Department of Revenue shall provide identifying numbers, as prescribed, for securing proper identification. Your social security number is used for identification purposes.