Looking for a FREE federal income tax extension?  If you can’t complete your federal tax return by the April 15th deadline, you can use eSmart Tax to file a Form 4868, which is a request to extend your due date for your 2012 tax paperwork by up to 6 months. Use eSmart Tax to file your e-file OR print and mail your extension request. If the IRS grants your extension, you'll have until October 15, 2013 to submit your federal tax return. 

eSmart Tax makes filing for a tax extension hassle free, fast, and  easy:

  • File an extension by April 15, 2013 to avoid the failure-to-file penalty.
  • You do not have to explain why you are asking for the extension. The IRS will contact you only if your request is denied.
  • IMPORTANT:  Filing a Form 4868 does not extend the time to pay taxes. If you do not pay the amount due by the regular due date, you will still owe interest. You may also be charged penalties. If you are unable to pay the total balance due, you should pay as much as possible and then contact the IRS about an installment plan.
Visit our extension page to begin yours today!