Working at a part-time or summer job can be a fun learning experience for your professional life.  Before you begin, be sure to do some tax planning so all that hard work can save you money.  Know if you are working as an independent contractor or an employee.  Fill out a W-4 form so that the proper amount of taxes can be withheld.  Put some money away in an IRA for tax-free growth.  Remember to report your income to the IRS and file a tax return during tax time next year.  You could end up with tax penalties if you make more than a certain amount of money and do not report it or file a tax return.  If you need help determining if your income meets the tax threshold , contact our Customer Support team for answers.