What is this Self-Select PIN Method and Why Do I Need to Know my AGI?
In order to sign your electronic return, you must enter three pieces of information:
- A five-digit pin of your choosing,
- Your date of birth, and
- The exact amount of your AGI from last year’s
- If you did not file a return last year, enter 0
for your AGI.
- If your filing status this uear is different
from the year before then follow these guidelines:
- If the change is "to" Married
Filing Jointly, then each taxpayer must use their individual original total AGI
amount from their respective prior year's tax returns. If the change is "from" Married Filing Jointly, then each taxpayer must use the same original total AGI
amount from the prior year's joint return.