If you did not receive a W-2 Wage and Tax Statement and you have earned income that is required to be reported on these forms, you can still begin your tax return and pick up from where you left off after you receive your forms. You are not eligible to submit your tax return to the IRS using eSmart Tax until you receive these forms.

Please note that you are still required to file your tax return or request an extension to file by April 18, 2013, even if you do not receive any of these forms.

We recommend taking the following steps to obtain these forms:

Contact the issuing institution. If you have not received a form, ask the issuing institution if the form was mailed and when. If it was mailed, it may have been returned. Please note that some institutions that allow you to opt-in for electronic communications publish certain forms electronically and may not mail you a form. After contacting the institution, allow a reasonable amount of time for them to resend or to reissue the income statement.

Contact the IRS to report an estimate of your income and request additional tax forms. When you call, you must provide your name, address, city and state, including zip code, Social Security number, phone number and have the following information:

Institution’s name, address, city and state, including ZIP code and phone number

Dates of service/employment (if looking for a W-2).

An estimate of the income you earned and the federal income tax withheld. The estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your issuing institution.